Occupational Therapy services typically include:
- an individualized evaluation, during which the client/family and occupational therapist determine the person’s goals,
- customized intervention to improve the person’s ability to perform daily activities and reach the goals, and
- an outcomes evaluation to ensure that the goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan.
For clients who are new to occupational therapy, a formal and comprehensive evaluation is recommended. Emma completes a comprehensive evaluation including standardized and non-standardized tests. A full report is provided following the evaluation which contains assessment results, suggested goals/objectives, and duration/length of sessions. Evaluations are done in your home and scheduled at your convenience.
Emma provides in-home occupational therapy services to children using selected techniques and programs tailored to each child’s needs. She also provides parent training as well as home practice to promote carry-over of skills taught in therapy.
Occupational therapists specialize in the assessment and treatment of the following:
- Sensorimotor skills
- Sensory-processing integration
- Visual-motor integration
- Visual perceptual skills
- Fine motor control and coordination
- Gross motor control and coordination
- Self-care skills
- Social and peer interaction skills
- Executive functioning